What is a Twin Flame and How Can You Recognize Yours?
Twin flames often referred to as “one soul in two bodies,” are two different manifestations of the same soul who were split at the time of their souls’ birth. It’s important to deeply investigate romantic relationships to determine whether you’ve met your twin or not.
I’ve come across many people who feel confused about whether they’ve found their twin. They’re not sure how a twin should make them feel, or how to evolve the relationship past its initial stages. Before you can make the most out of a reunion with your twin, you need to understand what exactly you’re looking for. So what is a twin flame connection all about, anyway?
What is a twin flame?
When souls are born, they’re created in a group of several souls at once. Souls that were all created at the same time are considered “soulmates.” An even more intimate relationship is the twin flame, which are two souls that were divided from each other at birth. The word “flame” refers to the idea that the soul flame, the entity that gives life to each soul, was distributed into two souls rather than just one.
After being split from each other, twins go their separate ways and lead separate lives. They incarnate multiple times and lead many lives, each of which helps to accumulate experience and karma that will aid in ascending to the next plane.
However, in order to finish ascending, twins must reunite. When each flame is nearing the last of their lives here on Earth, they will cross paths with their twin again. The resulting relationship can be complex and challenging, yet it’s one of the most spiritually fulfilling experiences that you’ll have in your lifetime.
How to recognize?
Unfortunately, there is no official test to determine when you’ve met your match, but some of the signs include:
- It’s a romantic connection. Twins don’t show up as family members or friends. It’s a romantic relationship.
- A sense of coming home. Before you get to know your twin, they’ll already feel familiar, like you’ve known them your entire life.
- It’s like looking into a mirror. Twin flames are a reflection of ourselves, so looking into their eyes is like looking back at our own. This can feel good or bad, depending on what qualities we see reflected.
- It’s difficult to handle. Unfortunately, one consequence of the fact that twins are mirrors of each other is that it’s an incredibly difficult relationship to manage. Usually, one or both people will become overwhelmed and back away out of fear. This causes the other person to chase down and attempt to convince the other to remain in the relationship.
- The attraction is otherworldly. Many intimate relationships are running off the fuel of physical attraction, which can be extremely intense. Twins will likely experience a physical and mental attraction, but there’s also a pull toward each other that is neither physical nor mental, but instead feels otherworldly and cannot be explained — it’s a soul attraction.
- You always end up back in each other’s lives. Another theme of twin relationships is that both people tend to circle back to one another over a period of many years. They’re unable to really separate from each other, even when the circumstances aren’t ideal or things have been challenging in the past.
What about the timing?
Your twin can come along at any point in your life. They may come at a time when a romantic relationship with them would be impossible. Still, it’s possible to manage a twin relationship by incorporating it into your existing life. Other times, it’s simply not realistic for one of many reasons.
Regardless of the outcome, it doesn’t quite matter if other people understand or believe in your connection to your twin. Twins need only to recognize and acknowledge each other. The two twins are the only ones who can truly determine whether they are of the same flame or not.
To find your twin, make sure to avoid any possible false signs and pay attention to your gut. If you’re still waiting, focus on self-transformation and creating an inviting energy. If you think you’ve found them, make sure to remain open and honest — act out of love, not fear. After all, discovering the true essence of love is the reason that your twin has reunited with you in the first place.
There are many books and videos about this topic but the one book I recommend the most is Twin Flame Code Breaker: 11:11 Key Codes, The Secret to Unlocking Unconditional Love & Finding Your Way Home.