Guide to your Gaiam Balance Ball Chair
If you decided to purchase a Gaiam Balance Ball Chair I’m sure you want to take good care of it. And although the package includes instructions I think my tips are really useful since I have been using my Balance Ball Chair for a while.
Instructions to inflate the Gaiam Balance Ball
1. Remove the ball from packaging and inspect for shipping damage. It is normal for the ball to have slight creases or fold marks when first inflated.
2. Before inflating the ball, use a tape measure or ruler to mark 55cm or 22″ on wall or floor, or place two objects approximately 55cm apart. This will be your guide for proper inflation size.
3. Make sure that the ball is at room temperature before inflating.
4. Using the supplied pump, insert it into the inflation hole in the ball. Inflate the Balance Ball® to the desired height and firmness. DO NOT over-inflate.
5. Remove pump from Balance Ball® and immediately insert the plug into the hole (so the head is flush with the surface of the ball).
6. Never inflate the ball larger than 55cm or 22″ in diameter
As far as the chair is concerned, the assembly is also easy-to-follow with only a four-step diagram to follow.
A few tips on caring for the balance ball that I found helpful
1. Always handwash the Balance Ball with a soft cloth and warm soapy water. Do not use harsh or abrasive chemicals or cleaning tools that may scratch or damage the Balance ball or chair.
2. Avoid placing or rolling the Balance Ball® on newspaper, photocopies or other materials printed in ink, as ink may permanently mark the ball.
3. Avoid placing the ball in sunny or bright areas that will bring in extreme heat.